Nothing like a little Spring like weather to get your thoughts turning towards being out on your bike….and nothing like Spring to bring on a few challenges for advocacy as well. We hope you’ll join us for our monthly meeting.
Kenneth Brubaker, CDOT’s Bicycle/Pedestrian Designer will be our guest this month. We’ll talk about current CDOT bike related projects, such as the El Rancho – Genesee link as well as others in the works and others we’d like to see.
A very recent issue is the proposal to rezone the land at the SE corner of Alameda Parkway and Rooney Road to allow the building of a Harley Davidson dealership and the possibility of attracting other car dealerships to form an Autorow. We’ll discuss what position Bike Jeffco should take.
Finally, time permitting, we’ll ask everyone how they like to receive Bike Jeffco information in these days of many varied social media.
A full agenda. See you there!
Tuesday March 8th, 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Jefferson County Courts & Administration Building, 100 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden, CO 80419. Rooms 1566/1567
- 6:30pm Welcome, introductions, additions/changes to the agenda, review January meeting minutes/actions
- 6:35pm Sheriff’s Blotter – Lt. Jim Lucas
- 6:40pm County Update – Yelena Onnen
o McIntyre St. reconstruction/32nd Ave
o Jefferson County Wayfinding Master Plan
- 6:50pm Project Update
o Heritage Road
o US6/19th Ave/Lookout Mtn. Rd.
o Peaks to Plains/DIA Trail
o Squaw Pass Road signage
- 7:00pm Special Guest – Kenneth Brubaker, CDOT Bicycle/Pedestrian Designer
- 7:30pm Events Calendar – Jan Stevenson
o Saturday ??? – Deer Creek Canyon Cleanup
o Saturday June 18th – Denver Century Ride rest area station
o Wednesday June 22nd –Bike to Work Day station @ Ken Caryl/Chatfield
o Saturday October 22nd – VeloSwap @ National Western Complex
- 7:40pm Rooney Valley Rezoning discussion
- 8:10pm Bike Jeffco communication options – general discussion
8:25pm Action Items
- 8:30pm Close