What is Bike Jeffco?
Bike Jeffco is a 501.(c)(3) non-profit organization that promotes cycling as a viable recreation and transportation option, with a mission to increase safety and provide a voice for cyclists in Jefferson County, Colorado.
What does Bike Jeffco do?
Bike Jeffco works with regional and state entities to affect positive change for bicyclists in and around Jefferson County.
When and where are the monthly meetings?
General meetings take place the second Tuesday of each month from 7:00 to 9:00pm in the Jefferson County Administration Building, 100 Jefferson County Parkway Golden, Colorado 80419
You can find the list of upcoming meetings and other events under “Upcoming Events” on the right side of the page.
What has Bike Jeffco Accomplished?
Some of the projects Bike Jeffco has helped create, refine and accelerate include the following:
- C-470 Trail: Bridge over US-285
- C-470 Trail: Chatfield Park
- Deer Creek Canyon: Shoulder Additions
- CH73: Shoulder Additions
- Central City Parkway opened to bicycling
- C-470 Trail: Wal-Mart Extension
- C-470 Trail: Repair Plan & Funding
- Cycling in Jefferson County Brochure with Sheriff’s Department
- Deer Creek Canyon: Emergency Telephones
A list of our current projects and priorities can be found on our Projects page.
Who is Bike Jeffco?
Bike Jeffco is a large group of people including cyclists, law enforcement officers, county transportation planners, bike shop owners, bicycling clubs and bicycling advocacy groups.
Bike Jeffco is headed by a Board of Directors, consisting of:
Dave Evans, Chair
Eileen McGinnity, Board Member
Kelly Garrod, Vice President
Bob Bettinger, Treasurer
Jan Stevenson, Secretary
How do I get involved?
- Subscribe to the blog to stay updated on projects and events
- Attend the monthly meeting
- Join the Bike Jeffco Google Group to discuss Jefferson County cycling topics among members.
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Comment on a blog post you find interesting or thought provoking.
- Contact us, and let us know what you’re interested in.